Tonight in Seattle at AXIS Gallery in Pioneer Square. Stop in during First Thursday Art Walk, dress like your favorite literary character or librarian, and enjoy the art. My piece is pictured above, 20x30 giclee print on canvas, inspired by “White is for Witching” by Helen Oyeyemi. One of my favorite books of all time!
UPDATE: Here is the breakdown of the festivities tonight at AXIS:
- The gallery will be open at 5.
- From 6-7 we will hear readings from authors John Hamilton, Yonnas T Gettahun, Charlotte Austin, Trenton Flock, and possibly Charles Mudede
- After the readings the DJ will take over (Bruce Pavitt, the founder of Sub Pop records).
- At 8:30 we will award prizes to our two favorite librarian/author costumes.
- The show officially ends at 9, but I suspect we will continue the festivities for some time after that.